You've got questions. We've got answers!
Q. I heard the BOMA ft. Lauderdale/Palm Beaches is hosting this conference. Is that true?
A. The Southern Region Conference is hosted and planned annually by volunteers from different local BOMA associations every year. BOMA Ft. Lauderdale / Palm Beaches is proud to host the 2018 BOMA Southern Region Conference in 2018. We have a rich history of organizing events that meet and exceed expectations -- from the guest and sponsor perspective.
Q. Who can attend the Southern Region Conference?
A. Professionals working or who have worked (retired and non-active) in the real estate industry. These include owners, asset managers, property managers and facility managers, building engineers and technical professionals, products and service providers and students. The conference does provide separate registration for spouses and guests. Please see our spouse and guest policy.
Q. Will I receive a confirmation of my registration?
A. Yes, you will receive a confirmation email immediately following your purchase. If you did not receive this email, please contact the BOMA Ft. Lauderdale/Palm Beaches Office at (561) 395-6664. All registrants will receive a reminder email prior to the Southern Region Conference.
Q. Are there any good places to eat?
A. Yes! We suggest using Google or apps like Yelp to find some of the best restaurants around the Hollywood Beach area. Margaritaville Beach Resort has eight bars and eateries right on site. There are also restaurants, bistros, and bar / grills located on the Hollywood Broadwalk.
Q. WHAT DO I WEAR?!
Resort casual for all activities except TOBY Awards Dinner. Cocktail attire for TOBY Awards Dinner. Here are some additional guidelines:
- Resort casual for men: Khaki’s, dress shorts, jeans, sport shirts, button downs (like Tommy Bahama), nice flip flops, boat shoes or sneakers. No bathing suits or t-shirts please.
- Resort casual for women: Khaki’s, dress shorts, jeans, sundresses, flip-flops, sandals or sneakers. No bathing suits or t-shirts please.
- Cocktail attire for TOBY Awards Dinner for men: Linen slacks with nice shirt and sport coat or slacks with dress shirt and sport coat. No jeans, flip flops or t-shirts.
- Cocktail attire for TOBY Awards Dinner for women: Dressy pant suit, cocktail dress, fancy sun dress or long skirts. No jeans, flip flops, beach sundress or t-shirts.
- Bring a sweater or light jacket for the indoor hotel events and the dinner cruise. Don’t forget your sunscreen and sunglasses for the beach.
Q. Are there any activities for my family?
There are scores of things to do while you and your family are visiting Greater Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood Beach. There are world famous attractions, vibrant nightlife and art and cultural attractions. Hello Sunny and Visit Florida are a great resources for things to do. Margaritaville Resorts has also put together a fantastic list of options including shopping. You can find out more here.
All registered spouses and guests will be permitted to attend all evening events and the TOBY banquet as part of their registration.
Margaritaville offers the Parakeets Kid’s Club behind the LandShark Pool on the beach level. Pool and beach games, arts and crafts and other fun activities are offered daily at the Kid’s Club with our staff of trained counselors. More about the Parakeets Kid’s Club.
Q. Is there Wi-Fi at the conference?
A. Yes! WiFi information is available. Information will be provided prior to the conference.
Q. I have questions about sponsorship, what should I do?
Q. Where do I book my hotel room?
A. Our hotel is the Margaritaville Beach Resort located at 1111 N Ocean Dr, Hollywood, FL 33019. We have secured special room rates for guests of the 2018 Southern Region Conference. Rooms available in our room block with a discounted rate until March 5. Your hotel stay is not included in your conference registration and must be reserved separately. Please visit our hotel page for additional important information.
Q. Can I transfer my registration?
A. Please contact the BOMA Ft. Lauderdale / Palm Beaches office immediately in the event that you need to transfer a registration, (561) 395-6664. Due to the time constraints of transferring registrations, we cannot process a transfer of registration after April 1, 2018.
Q. Can I register a spouse, partner or guest?
A. Yes, please see our registration policy for spouses and guests.
Q. How much is parking?
A. For guests not staying at the hotel, you can self-park in the garage facilities adjacent to the hotel. The daily fee is $30. The daily rate for valet parking is $35 per day.
Q. How do I get to the conference?
A. You can change your attitude and latitude at the 2018 Southern Region Conference using the coordinates 26.0187 N and 80.1165 W. This location is otherwise known as the Margaritaville Beach Resort in Hollywood, Florida. Directions to the hotel can be found here.
The preferred Airport for air travelers is Great Fort Lauderdale International Airport. http://www.fortlauderdaleinternationalairport.com/
Information will follow for shuttle service.
Q. What is the refund policy?
- Registration MUST be paid by March 3, 2018 for early registration discount
- After March 3, 2018 there is a $100 late fee.
- Please be aware that there are no refunds after March 3, 2018 for registration fees based on guarantees we must provide the hotel.
- Please note that all fees do not include Parking Fees, if any.